We Welcome Transfer Students
AUSOMA’s MD Program does accept applications from transfer students. Transfer students are expected to have satisfied the academic and financial obligations of the previous university that they were attending. It is the transferring student’s responsibility to submit ALL official transcripts and appropriate paperwork.
Transfers credits are only accepted from another medical program listed in World directory of medical schools (WDOM’s). Your application will not be considered for a review without this process being completed in its entirety.
Clinical Science transfer students will be expected to complete 72 weeks of clinical clerkships. If a student is transferring into the Basic Sciences, they will be placed into the appropriate semester based upon completed courses at their previous university.
Clinical Rotation Paperwork/Requirements
- Passing USMLE Step 1 is required before beginning Clinical Rotations
- Official Application
- $100.00 USD Non-refundable application fee
- Current Resume or CV
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation (written by Physicians and other Professionals only)
- Structured Questions
- Immigration/Additional Paperwork
- 4 passport-sized photos (two should be sent with your Official application)
- Clear copy of your passport information/with picture page
- Immunization record (MUST include recent MMR, Hepatitis B Series, and TB); PPD cannot be over 12-month-old at any point during the rotations
- USMLE board score report(s)
- Completed Clinical Rotation Request Form
- Complete Background check release form
- Verification of US citizenship, permanent residency, or other visa status (A Work Authorization Number (WAN) is required for the Canadian citizens)
Please make sure all the documents and original transcripts are submitted at the time of the application transfer. It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain the original transcripts from the previous Medical School.