We Welcome Transfer Students
AUSOMA welcomes transfer students. We understand transferring to another institution can be a stressful process. An admissions specialist is happy to assist you with all of your questions or concerns as you complete your application.
Below are a few things to keep in mind:
- Applicants are expected to have satisfied the academic and financial obligations of the university they were attending previously.
- Transfers credits will only be accepted from an institution listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOM).
- Clinical Science transfer students will be expected to complete 72 weeks of clinical clerkships.
- If a student is transferring into Basic Sciences, they will be placed into the appropriate semester based upon completed courses at their previous university.
- AUSOMA functions off a system-based curriculum. If you are coming from a subject-based curriculum, be advised, this could affect your entry time into the desired program you wish to enroll.
- Online application submission along with a $100 application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all universities attended (includes undergraduate, graduate, medical, and professional schools attended. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for admission purposes only)
- If applying to the 5-Year Pre-Med MD Program official high school transcripts will also be required
- Foreign transcript evaluations from an approved agency will be required for transcripts from any institution outside the US (Approved agencies listed below)
- World Education Services
- Joseph Silny & Associates
- Educational Credential Evaluators
- English Proficiency Test for students whose academic background is not in English: Official TOEFL (75 total on internet-based), IELTS (6.5 minimum) Cambridge B2 First / C1 Advanced / C2 Proficiency (176 minimum) or Duolingo (95 minimum) scores
- Current resume/CV
- Personal statement explaining your desire for a career in medicine, any leadership positions held, and accomplishments achieved.
- References: Two references are required from a faculty member/professor, or an employer/manager if you have been out of school for at least a year (References will be sent to referees from the application)
*Plagiarism is an academic offense and will disqualify you from consideration.
CLINICAL ROTATION PAPERWORK/REQUIREMENTS
- Passing USMLE Step 1
- Immigration/additional paperwork
- 4 passport-sized photos (two should be sent with your official application)
- Clear copy of your passport information/with picture page
- Immunization record (must include recent MMR, Hepatitis B Series, and TB); PPD cannot be over 12-month-old at any point during the rotations)
- USMLE board score report(s)
- Completed clinical rotation request form
- Completed Background check release form
- Verification of US citizenship, permanent residency, or other visa status (A Work Authorization Number (WAN) is required for the Canadian citizens)