(4 year MD program)
Basic requirements include 90 credit hours of college courses, which should include one academic year of the following prerequisites with at least a 3.0 GPA:
- Inorganic/General Chemistry with labs – 8 hours
- Organic Chemistry with labs – 8 hours
- General Biology with labs – 8 hours
- Physics with labs – 8 hours
- English – 6 hours
- Mathematics – 3 hours
To be competitive AUSOMA highly recommends Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immunology, and Calculus as these are courses that are integrated within the Basic Sciences semesters.
* One academic year is equal to two semesters, three quarters, or two quarters and a semester.
Applying to AUSOMA is simple and quick! Once all documents are received an admissions decision will be made in less than one week. We work on rolling admissions with starts in Jan., May and Sept.
*Students must be 17 years of age or older one month prior to the term start date to enroll.
- Application Fee of $100 USD.
- Application with background check approval.
- Official transcripts from all universities attended.
This includes undergraduate, graduate, medical, and professional schools attended.
- Official transcripts from High School if entering Pre-Med courses
- Official TOEFL (75 total on internet-based), IELTS (6.5 minimum) or Duolingo (95 minimum) scores (International students whose academic background is not English).
- Current resume or CV.
- (6) Passport-size photos (some photos will be used for immigration paperwork).
- A personal statement explaining your desire for a career in medicine, leadership positions held, and any accomplishments achieved. Plagiarism is an academic offense and has no place in AUSOMA students and will disqualify you from consideration.
- (2) Letters of Recommendation on official letterhead from a college professor or employer manager, if out of school for at least a year. Letters should be mailed to AUSOMA directly.
- Complete the Online Application & Pay the $100 Application Fee
- Send personal statement
- Submit ALL Documents (Transcripts, LOR’s, Resume/CV)
- Admission Committee Review of Application
- Admission Decision Given
- If admitted – Pay the $1,000 Registration Fee / If declined – Contact Admissions to see how you can improve your application file
- Collect Student Visa. See list below
- Secure Payment Plan or Apply for Loans (Meritize)
- Attend Orientation and Register for Classes
Student Visa Requirements
* We award the Student Visa for students studying in Aruba ONLY. We do not issue a US Student Visa
- Official Acceptance Letter from school. Should include number of semesters the student will study in Aruba
- Judicial Documentation (background check- Apostille should not be more than 6 months)
- Birth Certificate apostilled (Apostille should not be more than 6 months)
- Passport & six additional photos (3.5 X 4.5 cm)
- Declaration of Medical University curriculum (duration, standard, certification, etc)
- Proof of Solvency (student loan, a guarantor, or a third person as the guarantor) Guarantor must provide ID
- Proof of a private medical and travel insurance for the duration of the study here in Aruba
- Rental agreement or confirmation of housing
- Copy of your return ticket
- If student comes from a country a visa is required