4 Year MD PROGRAM PREREQUISITES
Basic requirements include 90 credit hours of college courses, which should include one academic year of the following prerequisites with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Inorganic/General Chemistry with labs – 8 credit hours total
- Organic Chemistry with labs – 8 credit hours total
- General Biology with labs – 8 credit hours total
- Physics with labs – 8 credit hours total
- English – 6 credit hours total
- Mathematics – 3 credit hours total
To remain competitive, we highly recommend applicants take biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, and calculus as these are courses that are integrated within the basic sciences semesters.
We work on rolling admissions with starts in January, May, and September.
*Students must be 17 years of age or older one month prior to the term start date to enroll.
5-Year Pre-Med MD Program Prerequisites
High school transcripts will be required.
Applicants who have completed a bachelor’s or master’s level degree, and are missing pre-med science courses, are eligible to apply for the 5-year pre-med MD program. Transfer of credits is permitted upon review. Please contact the Office of Admissions for more details.
- Online application submission along with a $100 application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all universities attended (includes undergraduate, graduate, medical, and professional schools attended. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for admission purposes only)
- If applying to the 5-Year Pre-Med MD Program official high school transcripts will also be required
- Foreign transcript evaluations from an approved agency will be required for transcripts from any institution outside the US (Approved agencies listed below)
- World Education Services
- Joseph Silny & Associates
- Educational Credential Evaluators
- English Proficiency Test for students whose academic background is not in English: Official TOEFL (75 total on internet-based), IELTS (6.5 minimum) Cambridge B2 First / C1 Advanced / C2 Proficiency (176 minimum) or Duolingo (95 minimum) scores
- Current resume/CV
- Personal statement explaining your desire for a career in medicine, any leadership positions held, and accomplishments achieved.
- References: Two references are required from a faculty member/professor, or an employer/manager if you have been out of school for at least a year (References will be sent to referees from the application)
- Online application: $100 nonrefundable application fee
- Submit all required documents
- Complete admission interview
- Application is submitted to admissions committee
- If you receive a decision of denial, you are encouraged to contact the Office of Admissions to see how you can improve your application file.
- If admitted, a non-refundable registration deposit of $1,000 is due within 2 weeks of receiving admittance.
- Once admitted, you will receive further instructions on housing information, student visa processing, and enrollment.