Student Visa Application Process for Aruba
Students will need to prepare the documents listed below to receive a visa to study in Aruba. We have outlined our immigration process here and will connect you with a coordinator to assist you in the process. Documents are required before arrival & take 4-6 weeks to process.
Prospective students must gather all necessary materials as listed here after your registration fee has been paid. Make certain all your paperwork is up-to-date and correct.
BE ADVISED: AUSOMA does not issue US student visas. AUSOMA only issues student visas for studying in Aruba.
1. ENROLLMENT LETTER ( LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE) from the University in Aruba stating the period of enrollment. It should be printed in color. Black and white will not be accepted.
2. A clear photocopy of the PASSPORT PROFILE PAGE (Passport must have at least 6 months of validity upon submission and in color)
3. (5) DUTCH PASSPORT SIZE PICTURES WITH WHITE BACKGROUND (35 X 45 mm)
4. A POLICE CLEARANCE OR A CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT issued by the country of residence in the last five years. This should be legalized by a Dutch Embassy or APOSTILLED and not older than 6 months. If the certificate is in a foreign language, it should be translated by a sworn translator.
a. US Residents – certificate or police clearance must be apostilled by the Dutch embassy.
b. Canada Residents- certificate or police clearance must be legalized by Foreign Affairs and then by the Dutch embassy.
c. Resident of India- police clearance needs to be legalized by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, and Dutch embassy.
d. Residents of Other Countries will be responsible for inquiring about the requirements and procedures of notarization, legalization, or certification with an apostille from proper authorities in the country of origin or the country where documents were issued.
5. PROOF OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT: ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
a. Declaration of signed parent support with a copy of the parent’s passport profile page with the same signature (in Color, not B/W)
b. Bank loan contract with the applicant’s (student name)
6. HOUSING CONTRACT
Before applying for a permit, applicants/students need to have their Aruba housing lease agreement ready.
7. BIRTH CERTIFICATE: needs to be legalized in the country of birth
a. If born in the USA, the birth certificate needs to be certified by Apostille by the US Secretary of State
b. If born in CANADA, the Birth certificate needs to be legalized by Foreign Affairs and by the Dutch Embassy.
c. If born in INDIA, the Birth certificate needs to be certified by Apostille by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, and Dutch Embassy.
d. If born in another country, do the same as in police clearance.
8. If married, bring the Marriage Contract legalized in the country where the marriage took place.
a. If married in the US, must be certified by Apostille by the US Secretary of State
b. If married in CANADA, must be legalized by the FOREIGN AFFAIRS and DUTCH EMBASSY.
c. If married in INDIA, must be certified by Apostille by the MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS, the government of India, New Delhi, and the Dutch embassy
d. If married in other countries, please refer to your respective country’s official government website.
9. MEDICAL/ HEALTH / TRAVEL INSURANCE – should be good for one year. The contract should have a start and expiry date indicated.
The Apostille is a certification of public (including notarized) documents to be used in another country. With this certification, documents are recognized by the Government of Aruba. The Apostille authenticates the signature and seal of the issuing public official or notary public. It does not authenticate the contents of the document. The Apostille is a single sheet of paper in a highly structured format bearing the state seal and is attached to your document.
Process for Citizens and Residents of all other countries
Documents need to be attested by the Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country. Take the attested documents to the Dutch Consulate and they will Apostille (legalize) it for you.