Spring Admissions Are Open.

Student Visa Process

Student Visa Application Process for Aruba

We’ve outlined our immigration process here to make it fast and easy for you to begin your life at AUSOMA. We accept students from across the world and believe that this healthy mixture of different people adds to the overall experience at our school.

Prospective students must gather all necessary materials as listed here before they begin the process. Make certain all your paperwork is up-to-date and correct, and that you tackle the different appropriate fees for each student.

Through the Apostille Process, the Government of Aruba will certify the public status of your documents to be used in another country. Let us know if there is any way we can help you through the process, as we are excited to have you here as one of our many students. If the immigration process seems daunting to you, please request assistance immediately so that we may move you through these first steps in joining AUSOMA.

AUSOMA awards the Student Visa for students studying in Aruba ONLY. We do not issue a US Student Visa.

Documents are required before arrival & Take 4-6 Weeks to Process.

Necessary Documents

  • Full copy of the passport (including all blank pages and cover)
  • 6 passport size photographs 3.5 X 4.5 cm (2 were sent with original application)
  • Original Birth Certificate with Apostille attached
  • All Apostilles must be attached to appropriate document and not older than 3 months

NOTE: Immigrations fees vary per nationality of each applicant. Students enter Aruba on a student visa approved by DIMAS (The Department of Policy, Access and Integration Aliens). DIMAS will issue Inflight Permissions once all documents are submitted.


1. ENROLLMENT LETTER ( LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE) from the University in Aruba stating the period of enrollment. It should be printed in color. Black and white will not be accepted.

2. A clear photocopy of the PASSPORT PROFILE PAGE (Passport must have at least 6 months of validity upon submission and in color)


4. A POLICE CLEARANCE OR A CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT issued by the country of residence in the last five years. This should be legalized from a Dutch Embassy or APOSTILLED and not older than 6 months. If certificate is in a foreign language, it should be translated by a sworn translator.

a. US Residents – certificate or police clearance must be apostilled by Dutch embassy.
b. Canada Residents- certificate or police clearance must be legalized by the Foreign Affairs and then by the Dutch embassy.
c. Resident of India- police clearance needs to be legalized by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and Dutch embassy.
d. Residents of Other Countries will be responsible in inquiring for the requirements and procedures of notarization, legalization, or certification with apostille from proper authorities in the country of origin or the country where documents were issued.


a. Declaration of signed parents support with a copy of the parent’s passport profile page with the same signature (in Color not B/W)
b. Bank loan contract with the applicant’s (student name)


Before applying for permit, applicant/student need to have their Aruba housing lease agreement ready.

7. BIRTH CERTIFICATE: needs to be legalized in the country of birth

a. If born in the USA, birth certificate needs to be certified by Apostille by the US Secretary of State
b. If born in CANADA, Birth certificate needs to be legalized by the Foreign Affairs and by the Dutch Embassy.
c. If born in INDIA, Birth certificate needs to be certified by Apostille by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and Dutch Embassy.
d. If born in another country, do same as in police clearance.

8. If married, bring Marriage Contract legalized in the country where marriage took place.

a. If married in the US, must be certified by Apostille by the US Secretary of State
b. If married in CANADA, must be legalized by the FOREIGN AFFAIRS and DUTCH EMBASSY.
c. If married in INDIA, must be certified by Apostille by the MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS, government of India, New Delhi and Dutch embassy
d. If married in other countries, please go to website

9. MEDICAL/ HEALTH / TRAVEL INSURANCE – should be good for one year. Contract should have a start and expiry dates indicated.

Apostille Process

The Apostille is certification of public (including notarized) documents to be used in another country. With this certification, documents are recognized by the Government of Aruba. The Apostille authenticates the signature and seal of the issuing public official or notary public. It does not authenticate the contents of the document. The Apostille is a single sheet of paper in a highly structured format bearing the state seal and is attached to your document.

Process for Citizens and Residents of all other countries

Documents need to be attested by the Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country. Take the attested documents to the Dutch Consulate and they will Apostille (legalize) it for you.

Prospective Students