COMPLETE APPLICATIONS REQUIRED FOR INTERVIEW CONSIDERATION
- Application Fee of $50 USD.
- Application with background check approval.
- Official transcripts from all universities attended.
- This includes undergraduate, graduate, medical, and professional schools attended
- Official transcripts from High School if entering the Pre-Med program
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (International students whose academic background is not English)
- Current resume or CV
- (8) Passport-size photos (some photos will be used for immigration paperwork)
- A personal statement explaining your desire for a career in medicine, leadership positions held, and any accomplishments achieved. Plagiarism is an academic offense and has no place in AUSOMA students and will disqualify you from consideration.
- (2) Letters of Recommendation on official letterhead from a college professor or employer manager, if out of school for at least a year. Letters should be mailed to AUSOMA directly
(4 year MD program)
Basic requirements include 90 credit hours of college courses, which should include one academic year* of the following prerequisites with at least a 3.0 GPA:
- Inorganic/General Chemistry with labs 8 hours
- Organic Chemistry with labs 8 hours
- General Biology with labs 8 hours
- Physics with labs 8 hours
- English 8 hours
To be competitive AUSOMA highly recommends Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immunology, and Calculus as these are courses that are integrated within the Basic Sciences semesters.
* One academic year is equal to two semesters, three quarters, or two quarters and a semester.